Crewe 1 Daggers 2
A second half goal from Paul Benson gives Daggers a fine 2-1 victory at Gresty Road
COCA-COLA LEAGUE TWO
Crewe Alexandra 1 Daggers 2
PAUL BENSON'S first goal of the season gave Daggers a 2-1 victory at Crewe Alexandra today.
Benson netted after 77 minutes from close range, slotting into the empty net after breaking clear of the Crewe defence and keeper David Button.
The goal came moments after Railwaymen substitute Byron Moore equalised for the hosts, with a cracking strike from the edge of the area.
Daggers had led in the first half, with a wonder goal from Jon Nurse, who smashed a volley home from 30 yards.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 5 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 7 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
- 10 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Scott Doe, Scott Griffiths, Mark Arber, Will Antwi, Danny Green (Wes Thomas 75), Stuart Thurgood, Solomon Taiwo, Peter Gain, Jon Nurse (Abu Ogogo 82), Paul Benson.
Yellow cards: Doe, Gain.
Subs not used:Chris Lewington, Alex Bentley, Graeme Montgomery, Harlee Dean.
Crewe: Button, Brayford, Jones, O'Donnell, Ada (Miller 82), Mitchell-King, Schumacher (Bailey 63), Grant, Donaldson (Moore 66), Elding, Zola.
Subs not used: Legzdins, Westwood, Tootle, Murphy.