Crewe 1 Daggers 2
A second half goal from Paul Benson gives Daggers a fine 2-1 victory at Gresty Road
COCA-COLA LEAGUE TWO
Crewe Alexandra 1 Daggers 2
PAUL BENSON'S first goal of the season gave Daggers a 2-1 victory at Crewe Alexandra today.
Benson netted after 77 minutes from close range, slotting into the empty net after breaking clear of the Crewe defence and keeper David Button.
The goal came moments after Railwaymen substitute Byron Moore equalised for the hosts, with a cracking strike from the edge of the area.
Daggers had led in the first half, with a wonder goal from Jon Nurse, who smashed a volley home from 30 yards.
- 1 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 3 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 4 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 5 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 6 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 7 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 8 Care provider taken to court by council in waste disposal dispute
- 9 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 10 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Scott Doe, Scott Griffiths, Mark Arber, Will Antwi, Danny Green (Wes Thomas 75), Stuart Thurgood, Solomon Taiwo, Peter Gain, Jon Nurse (Abu Ogogo 82), Paul Benson.
Yellow cards: Doe, Gain.
Subs not used:Chris Lewington, Alex Bentley, Graeme Montgomery, Harlee Dean.
Crewe: Button, Brayford, Jones, O'Donnell, Ada (Miller 82), Mitchell-King, Schumacher (Bailey 63), Grant, Donaldson (Moore 66), Elding, Zola.
Subs not used: Legzdins, Westwood, Tootle, Murphy.