Cries of 'Nanny state' gone mad
ADULTS going for a dip at Dagenham Pool were shocked to learn they can no longer swim lengths – due to new health and safety rules. Swimmers who flocked to the pool in Wood Lane because it is larger than any others in the area branded the decision nanny
ADULTS going for a dip at Dagenham Pool were shocked to learn they can no longer swim lengths - due to new health and safety rules.
Swimmers who flocked to the pool in Wood Lane because it is larger than any others in the area branded the decision "nanny state gone mad".
Instead of the usual 33.3m length they have to swim 25m widths. They have been told it is due to health and safety, and staffing issues.
The council say full-length lanes will be closed during morning and lunchtime adult swimming sessions as there are not enough lifeguards to police the pool.
You may also want to watch:
Dean Bradford, who has used Dagenham Pool for 20 years, was furious.
FOR FULL STORY SEE THIS WEEK'S POST
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath