Barking stabbing: Suspects still out there, say police
PUBLISHED: 16:29 10 August 2017 | UPDATED: 16:45 10 August 2017
The Metropolitan Police has renewed its appeal for information on the fatal stabbing of teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Officers want to speak to anyone who saw a group of youths on bicycles in the area.
“They were dressed in dark clothing, and some of them are thought to have been wearing bandana-type face coverings and hoods,” said investigation lead Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes. “They would have looked out of place and I am certain someone would have seen where they went.”
Even though police charged two 19-year-old men with Joshua’s murder, Holmes said investigations are ongoing and “there are other suspects, who at this time remain unidentified.”
The 16-year-old died last week after a disturbance at a party at the Ripple Centre, Barking.
He was found lying injured in the street in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, in the early hours of August 2.
Post-mortem tests found he died from multiple stab wounds.
Police found another 16-year-old and a 20-year-old man with stab wounds nearby. They were taken to hospital before being arrested on suspicion of murder, but both have since been released with no further action.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, from Stratford, and Ayrton Ambrose from Peckham were charged with murder and two counts of attempted murder earlier today. A third man has been bailed pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8345 1570 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Barking and Dagenham Post. Click the link in the orange box above for details.