13-year-old admits burgling deceased Dagenham dad’s home
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old has pleaded guilty to breaking into the house of a recently deceased father and stealing £15,000 worth of electrical items.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, burgled the property in Clemence Road, Dagenham, just days after 33-year-old dennis Glossop died of kidney failure last month.
He was arrested and charged with burglary and theft on April 10 and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Wednesday (1) where he entered a guilty plea.
The boy has been remanded in custody and will attend the same court on May 25 for sentencing.
Mr Glossop’s family were devastated when they discovered thousands of pounds worth of belongings that he had left for his six children had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The items included a set of mixing decks, amps, a newly-bought Smart TV, another TV and clothes belonging to Dennis and his 14-year-old daughter who lived with him.
Step-daughter Charlie, 20, said none of the property had turned up nor did they have any hope of finding it in the future.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 10 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham