45 questioned in Barking immigration raid
- Credit: PA WIRE
Immigration officers have questioned 45 people suspected to be working illegally in Barking.
Acting on intelligence, police officers supported Home Office immigration enforcement officers to carry out an operation in Hertford Road shortly before 8am yesterday.
Forty-five men were encountered and questioned, 44 Romanians and one Indian.
The latter had overstayed his visa and was ordered to report regularly to the Home Office while his case is progressed.
Should the Romanians be unable to show that they are exercising their treaty rights to work legally in the UK they will be deported.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be banned from returning to the country for 12 months.
- 1 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL