45 questioned in Barking immigration raid
- Credit: PA WIRE
Immigration officers have questioned 45 people suspected to be working illegally in Barking.
Acting on intelligence, police officers supported Home Office immigration enforcement officers to carry out an operation in Hertford Road shortly before 8am yesterday.
Forty-five men were encountered and questioned, 44 Romanians and one Indian.
The latter had overstayed his visa and was ordered to report regularly to the Home Office while his case is progressed.
Should the Romanians be unable to show that they are exercising their treaty rights to work legally in the UK they will be deported.
They will also be banned from returning to the country for 12 months.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 6 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 7 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy