45 questioned in Barking immigration raid
- Credit: PA WIRE
Immigration officers have questioned 45 people suspected to be working illegally in Barking.
Acting on intelligence, police officers supported Home Office immigration enforcement officers to carry out an operation in Hertford Road shortly before 8am yesterday.
Forty-five men were encountered and questioned, 44 Romanians and one Indian.
The latter had overstayed his visa and was ordered to report regularly to the Home Office while his case is progressed.
Should the Romanians be unable to show that they are exercising their treaty rights to work legally in the UK they will be deported.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be banned from returning to the country for 12 months.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters