A13 death: Police name man killed after being hit by car
- Credit: Archant
The man who died after being hit by a car on the A13 has been named as Gediminas Valionis.
The 36-year-old Lithuanian national was walking in the road at around 3.50am on Sunday, September 15 when he was hit.
A post mortem examination gave the cause of death as multiple injuries and Mr Valionis' next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the vehicle involved in the crash - a black BMW 5 series - did not stop at the scene but police said the 39-year-old man returned to the scene a short time later.
He was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and driving under the influence of alcohol, and has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information or footage is asked to call Det Con Harry Nunez on 020 8597 4874 quoting CAD 1460/15SEP19.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds