A13 death: Police name man killed after being hit by car
- Credit: Archant
The man who died after being hit by a car on the A13 has been named as Gediminas Valionis.
The 36-year-old Lithuanian national was walking in the road at around 3.50am on Sunday, September 15 when he was hit.
A post mortem examination gave the cause of death as multiple injuries and Mr Valionis' next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the vehicle involved in the crash - a black BMW 5 series - did not stop at the scene but police said the 39-year-old man returned to the scene a short time later.
He was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and driving under the influence of alcohol, and has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information or footage is asked to call Det Con Harry Nunez on 020 8597 4874 quoting CAD 1460/15SEP19.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall