Allotment shed in cinders after vandals attack
- Credit: Archant
Allotment holders have been left in the lurch after a spate of thefts and vandalism to their sheds.
One entire shed was found in cinders after being completely burnt to the ground in the early hours last Thursday.
Other sheds at the allotments, off Gale Street in Becontree, were found emptied of garden tools and several doors had been smashed in.
One gardener, who did not want to be named, said that flames had been seen at 2.30am in the morning.
She said this was the third time the sheds had been targeted by vandals this year. “I had a damaged door which my fellow allotment owners helped to fix. I wonder if anyone else had this happen on this allotment,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Have you had the same trouble? Email the newsdesk at email@example.com.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash