Allotment shed in cinders after vandals attack
- Credit: Archant
Allotment holders have been left in the lurch after a spate of thefts and vandalism to their sheds.
One entire shed was found in cinders after being completely burnt to the ground in the early hours last Thursday.
Other sheds at the allotments, off Gale Street in Becontree, were found emptied of garden tools and several doors had been smashed in.
One gardener, who did not want to be named, said that flames had been seen at 2.30am in the morning.
She said this was the third time the sheds had been targeted by vandals this year. “I had a damaged door which my fellow allotment owners helped to fix. I wonder if anyone else had this happen on this allotment,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Have you had the same trouble? Email the newsdesk at email@example.com.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper