Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: LBBD
Alcohol was taken off street drinkers during patrols targeting antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre and Heathway, Dagenham.
Council enforcement officers and Met police joined forces to patrol antisocial behaviour hotspots and carry out weapons sweeps on Wednesday, May 12.
During patrols of the Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) area in Barking, alcohol was taken off seven people who were street drinking.
Officers also gave one person a begging warning and discussed their welfare issues, as well as offering support to a rough sleeper.
They then went to Dagenham Heathway, handing out one begging warning as well as seizing alcohol from a street drinker in the PSPO area.
You may also want to watch:
Weapons sweeps of the surrounding areas during both patrols turned up nothing.
Councillor Margaret Mullane said: “We will be looking to have these action days on a regular basis to show residents that the council and police are working from the same page to tackle issues.”
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 4 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 7 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 10 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge