Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: LBBD
Alcohol was taken off street drinkers during patrols targeting antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre and Heathway, Dagenham.
Council enforcement officers and Met police joined forces to patrol antisocial behaviour hotspots and carry out weapons sweeps on Wednesday, May 12.
During patrols of the Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) area in Barking, alcohol was taken off seven people who were street drinking.
Officers also gave one person a begging warning and discussed their welfare issues, as well as offering support to a rough sleeper.
They then went to Dagenham Heathway, handing out one begging warning as well as seizing alcohol from a street drinker in the PSPO area.
You may also want to watch:
Weapons sweeps of the surrounding areas during both patrols turned up nothing.
Councillor Margaret Mullane said: “We will be looking to have these action days on a regular basis to show residents that the council and police are working from the same page to tackle issues.”
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya