Woman, 60, dies after being hit by car outside Barking supermarket
- Credit: Google
A 60-year-old woman has died in hospital after being hit by a car outside a Barking supermarket.
Police were called to a crash involving a pedestrian outside Lidl in Ripple Road shortly after 5pm on Tuesday, December 15.
The car involved in the collision stopped at the scene.
The pedestrian was taken to hospital, where she died today (Monday, December 21).
Her next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met’s serious collision investigation unit are investigating.
Detective Constable Anthony Okadigbo said: “I would firstly like to pass on my condolences to the victim’s family.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 4 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 5 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 8 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
"It is incredibly difficult to lose a loved one in such circumstances so close to Christmas.
“’I’m confident that a number of people will have witnessed this collision and I would ask them to get in touch with us as a matter of urgency.
“Please check any dashcam footage that may have recorded this incident.
“Any information you can provide could be vital for us in piecing together what happened.”
Anyone with information about the collision, or who has footage of it on dash cam or other media devices, is asked to contact the witness appeal line on 020 8597 4874, quoting CAD 5450/15DEC20.
You can also anonymously contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org .