Appeal for information after man stabbed at Becontree station
Police want to speak to a number of men in connection with an incident at Becontree station which left a man with a stab wound and head injuries.
The victim, a 19-year-old from Dagenham, was attacked at the station on Friday, October 28 as part of an altercation between two separate groups of young men.
British Transport Police (BTP) has now released CCTV images of a selection of men they want to identify in connection with the incident.
Detective Sergeant Fin Egan of the BTP said: “At around 11.20pm, a group of six men began exchanging words with three others just outside of the entrance to Becontree station.
“During the altercation, another man arrived at the station on a red bicycle from Gale Street.
You may also want to watch:
“He immediately got off his bike and attacked the victim – a 19-year-old from Dagenham who was part of the trio – stabbing him in his leg.
“Others from the group of six then continued the tirade, attacking the victim in the head.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
The group of six the ran away down Gale Street towards Woodward Road. The man on the bike left in the opposite direction towards Rugby Road.
The victim was later taken to Queen’s Hospital where he was treated for both wounds.
Detectives believe the men in the CCTV images have key information about the altercation.
Det. Sgt. Egan said: “This was a violent group attack which left a young man with a stab wound and head injuries.
“I’d appeal for anyone who recognises the men to come forward.”
Anyone with information call the BTP on 0800 405040 quoting background reference B19/LU of November 16.