Appeal for information after man stabbed at Becontree station
Police want to speak to a number of men in connection with an incident at Becontree station which left a man with a stab wound and head injuries.
The victim, a 19-year-old from Dagenham, was attacked at the station on Friday, October 28 as part of an altercation between two separate groups of young men.
British Transport Police (BTP) has now released CCTV images of a selection of men they want to identify in connection with the incident.
Detective Sergeant Fin Egan of the BTP said: “At around 11.20pm, a group of six men began exchanging words with three others just outside of the entrance to Becontree station.
“During the altercation, another man arrived at the station on a red bicycle from Gale Street.
You may also want to watch:
“He immediately got off his bike and attacked the victim – a 19-year-old from Dagenham who was part of the trio – stabbing him in his leg.
“Others from the group of six then continued the tirade, attacking the victim in the head.”
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 Dagenham showed 'mental strength' in FA Cup win over Wealdstone
The group of six the ran away down Gale Street towards Woodward Road. The man on the bike left in the opposite direction towards Rugby Road.
The victim was later taken to Queen’s Hospital where he was treated for both wounds.
Detectives believe the men in the CCTV images have key information about the altercation.
Det. Sgt. Egan said: “This was a violent group attack which left a young man with a stab wound and head injuries.
“I’d appeal for anyone who recognises the men to come forward.”
Anyone with information call the BTP on 0800 405040 quoting background reference B19/LU of November 16.