Appeal for information after man stabbed at Becontree station
Police want to speak to a number of men in connection with an incident at Becontree station which left a man with a stab wound and head injuries.
The victim, a 19-year-old from Dagenham, was attacked at the station on Friday, October 28 as part of an altercation between two separate groups of young men.
British Transport Police (BTP) has now released CCTV images of a selection of men they want to identify in connection with the incident.
Detective Sergeant Fin Egan of the BTP said: “At around 11.20pm, a group of six men began exchanging words with three others just outside of the entrance to Becontree station.
“During the altercation, another man arrived at the station on a red bicycle from Gale Street.
“He immediately got off his bike and attacked the victim – a 19-year-old from Dagenham who was part of the trio – stabbing him in his leg.
“Others from the group of six then continued the tirade, attacking the victim in the head.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 7 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
- 10 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
The group of six the ran away down Gale Street towards Woodward Road. The man on the bike left in the opposite direction towards Rugby Road.
The victim was later taken to Queen’s Hospital where he was treated for both wounds.
Detectives believe the men in the CCTV images have key information about the altercation.
Det. Sgt. Egan said: “This was a violent group attack which left a young man with a stab wound and head injuries.
“I’d appeal for anyone who recognises the men to come forward.”
Anyone with information call the BTP on 0800 405040 quoting background reference B19/LU of November 16.