Boy, 16, in critical condition after stabbing in Barking
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are appealing for witnesses and information after a 16-year-old was left fighting for his life after being stabbed in Barking on Friday.
An investigation was launched after police were called to Hulse Avenue at approximately 3.45pm on March 12.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and found the teenager with multiple stab injuries – he was taken to hospital and remains in a critical condition.
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses who were in the area around the time of the incident, or any road users who may have dashcam footage that could assist the investigation, to contact police.
If you can help, please call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD4305/12Mar. Alternatively, if you wish to remain anonymous you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A 15-year-old boy was arrested on Saturday, March 13 on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody.
Enquiries into the incident remain ongoing by detectives from East Area CID.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall