Barking and Dagenham Council releases another flytipper ‘name and shame’ video appeal
- Credit: Archant
Serial flytippers have been targeted in the latest CCTV video appeal calling on neighbours to name and shame culprits.
The latest episode of Barking and Dagenham Council’s campaign features one man already caught illegally dumping rubbish on camera four times.
Two men spotted throwing away three car boot loads of rubbish in just one week also feature.
Council enforcement chief, Cllr Margaret Mullane, said: “We are determined to send a strong message to offenders that fly-tipping is not acceptable in our borough.
“It isn’t a problem we will be able to tackle on our own – it is something we need the community’s help with.”
You may also want to watch:
The council appeal began in July and is on its sixth episode with 99 incidents caught on camera and 8,000 online views since then.
A number of culprits have been identified as a result, according to the council.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
To watch visit lbbd.gov.uk/enforcement-wall-of-shame