Barking and Dagenham Council releases another flytipper ‘name and shame’ video appeal
- Credit: Archant
Serial flytippers have been targeted in the latest CCTV video appeal calling on neighbours to name and shame culprits.
The latest episode of Barking and Dagenham Council’s campaign features one man already caught illegally dumping rubbish on camera four times.
Two men spotted throwing away three car boot loads of rubbish in just one week also feature.
Council enforcement chief, Cllr Margaret Mullane, said: “We are determined to send a strong message to offenders that fly-tipping is not acceptable in our borough.
“It isn’t a problem we will be able to tackle on our own – it is something we need the community’s help with.”
The council appeal began in July and is on its sixth episode with 99 incidents caught on camera and 8,000 online views since then.
A number of culprits have been identified as a result, according to the council.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
To watch visit lbbd.gov.uk/enforcement-wall-of-shame