Armed police arrest three men after Barking business owner threatened with firearm
- Credit: Archant
Armed police arrested three men in Barking after a business owner was threatened with a firearm.
Officers were called to the incident in River Road on Thursday.
CCTV operators heard over police radio that the suspects had then made off in a silver Peugeot and were heading towards Barking Town Centre.
They used cameras to track down the vehicle and inform officers.
After managing to stop the vehicle, armed police recovered a gun and arrested the trio for firearms offences.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “The use of CCTV is crucial in helping us track down individuals who are breaking the law and need to be brought to justice.
“Without the help of cameras they could have escaped so this was a great team effort between the council and police to ensure they were caught and arrested.”
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears