Armed police arrest three men after Barking business owner threatened with firearm
- Credit: Archant
Armed police arrested three men in Barking after a business owner was threatened with a firearm.
Officers were called to the incident in River Road on Thursday.
CCTV operators heard over police radio that the suspects had then made off in a silver Peugeot and were heading towards Barking Town Centre.
They used cameras to track down the vehicle and inform officers.
After managing to stop the vehicle, armed police recovered a gun and arrested the trio for firearms offences.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “The use of CCTV is crucial in helping us track down individuals who are breaking the law and need to be brought to justice.
“Without the help of cameras they could have escaped so this was a great team effort between the council and police to ensure they were caught and arrested.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race