Armed police arrest three men after Barking business owner threatened with firearm
- Credit: Archant
Armed police arrested three men in Barking after a business owner was threatened with a firearm.
Officers were called to the incident in River Road on Thursday.
CCTV operators heard over police radio that the suspects had then made off in a silver Peugeot and were heading towards Barking Town Centre.
They used cameras to track down the vehicle and inform officers.
After managing to stop the vehicle, armed police recovered a gun and arrested the trio for firearms offences.
Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “The use of CCTV is crucial in helping us track down individuals who are breaking the law and need to be brought to justice.
“Without the help of cameras they could have escaped so this was a great team effort between the council and police to ensure they were caught and arrested.”
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough