Armed robbers who attacked staff and customers in Barking jailed
Four men, who stole �15,000 from two Barking cash and carry stores and attacked staff and customers, have been jailed.
Police caught the thugs as they were carrying out the frightening robberies at Kingsway Cash and Carry and Links Cash and Carry, both in Kingsbridge Road, on December 21.
The gang were armed with imitation hand guns, a machete and two sledge hammers and were found with two big laundry bags stuffed with �15,000 cash.
Wearing gloves and balaclavas, the men had arrived in a stolen white Citroen van with false number plates.
They attacked staff and customers, including one male member of staff who was hit several times with a pistol and suffered cuts.
You may also want to watch:
Three of the men were detained at the scene - Leon Eaton, 31 and Nacquain Pryce, 25, both of Edmonton and Marcus Fairchild, 35, of Hove, East Sussex.
The fourth, Linton Murray, 25, of Edmonton, ran from the scene and tried to flee in a waiting stolen Vauxhall Zafira before officers stopped him.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 6 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
They were each jailed for seven years for conspiracy to rob and three years concurrent for firearms offences at the Old Bailey on Friday.
Investigating officer Det Con Mike Baines said: “This was a well planned robbery committed by organised criminals who stood to benefit financially at the expense of hard working members of the local community.
“Flying Squad officers and other police units were able to respond quickly and arrest the offenders at the scene of the crime.”