Man arrested after late night pursuit in Collier Row and Marks Gate
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a late-night police pursuit in Collier Row and Marks Gate.
The 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and failing to stop after crashing in Padnall Lane, Marks Gate early yesterday (Thursday, January 7).
A Met Police spokesperson said officers on patrol had attempted to stop a driver in Clockhouse Lane, Collier Row at 12.20am.
“The driver of the vehicle did not stop and instead drove off at excessive speed,” the spokesperson said.
“A pursuit was authorised.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle was involved in a collision in Padnall Road a short time later.”
A police vehicle was also damaged. There were no injuries.
- 1 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 2 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 3 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 4 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 8 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital