Man arrested after late night pursuit in Collier Row and Marks Gate
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a late-night police pursuit in Collier Row and Marks Gate.
The 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and failing to stop after crashing in Padnall Lane, Marks Gate early yesterday (Thursday, January 7).
A Met Police spokesperson said officers on patrol had attempted to stop a driver in Clockhouse Lane, Collier Row at 12.20am.
“The driver of the vehicle did not stop and instead drove off at excessive speed,” the spokesperson said.
“A pursuit was authorised.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle was involved in a collision in Padnall Road a short time later.”
A police vehicle was also damaged. There were no injuries.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham