Arrest made after boy, 14, stabbed in broad daylight in a Dagenham park
- Credit: Archant
One person has been arrested after a teenage boy was stabbed in broad daylight in a Dagenham park.
Police were called around 4.50pm on Tuesday, July 14, to reports of a male suffering a stab injury following an incident in Old Dagenham Park in Ballards Road.
The boy, believed to be aged 14, was taken to hospital. His injury is not considered serious.
A Met spokesperson said: “One male – no further details – has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and possession of an offensive weapon and remains in custody.
“Enquiries into the circumstances remain ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 7522.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets