Arrest made after boy, 14, stabbed in broad daylight in a Dagenham park
- Credit: Archant
One person has been arrested after a teenage boy was stabbed in broad daylight in a Dagenham park.
Police were called around 4.50pm on Tuesday, July 14, to reports of a male suffering a stab injury following an incident in Old Dagenham Park in Ballards Road.
The boy, believed to be aged 14, was taken to hospital. His injury is not considered serious.
A Met spokesperson said: “One male – no further details – has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and possession of an offensive weapon and remains in custody.
“Enquiries into the circumstances remain ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 7522.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted