Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- Credit: Met Police
A pensioner is among three men who have been arrested after almost £4million of suspected class B drugs were seized in Barking.
The 66-year-old has been held on suspicion of possession with intent to supply controlled drugs.
On Monday (June 7), officers recovered a number of boxes from a car in Upney Lane, which contained a total of 96kg of white powder.
A Met Police spokesperson said it is suspected to be ketamine, with an estimated street value of around £3.8m.
Two men in their 30s were also arrested on suspicion of drugs offences.
The three men remain in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking