Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- Credit: Met Police
A pensioner is among three men who have been arrested after almost £4million of suspected class B drugs were seized in Barking.
The 66-year-old has been held on suspicion of possession with intent to supply controlled drugs.
On Monday (June 7), officers recovered a number of boxes from a car in Upney Lane, which contained a total of 96kg of white powder.
A Met Police spokesperson said it is suspected to be ketamine, with an estimated street value of around £3.8m.
Two men in their 30s were also arrested on suspicion of drugs offences.
The three men remain in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend