Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- Credit: Met Police
A pensioner is among three men who have been arrested after almost £4million of suspected class B drugs were seized in Barking.
The 66-year-old has been held on suspicion of possession with intent to supply controlled drugs.
On Monday (June 7), officers recovered a number of boxes from a car in Upney Lane, which contained a total of 96kg of white powder.
A Met Police spokesperson said it is suspected to be ketamine, with an estimated street value of around £3.8m.
Two men in their 30s were also arrested on suspicion of drugs offences.
The three men remain in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 6 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed