Two arrested after fleeing vehicle stopped by police in Dagenham
- Credit: Google Maps
Two men were arrested on suspicion of burglary and theft after fleeing a car stopped by police in Dagenham over the weekend.
Just before 4pm on Sunday - April 3 - officers on patrol saw a vehicle being driven erratically along Monmouth Road.
The car later came to a stop and two people inside the vehicle ran way.
Officers carried out a search and stopped an 18-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of burglary and theft.
A 17-year-old boy was detained on suspicion of the same two offences.
The 18-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of driving without insurance and possession with intent to supply a Class B drug.
He was taken into custody.
- 1 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 3 Error sees 1,800 patients wiped from waiting list without being seen
- 4 Missing man last seen travelling to Barking topless in muddy shorts
- 5 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
- 6 Woman arrested following Dagenham stabbing
- 7 Two arrested after shooting and stabbing in Barking
- 8 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
- 9 Ford Dagenham strike heroine Dora Challingsworth dies
- 10 Mayor of London announces Cost of Living Hub for hardest-hit
Both have since been bailed until a date at the end of April.
Enquiries are ongoing.