Dagenham and Upminster men arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
Men from Dagenham and Upminster have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in South Ockendon.
Police were called to Arisdale Close during the early hours of Wednesday, July 1, to a report that three men had attacked a man with what was described as a large knife.
Officers and paramedics found a man aged in his 20s with life-threatening injuries.
He was taken to hospital and remains in a stable but critical condition, though his injuries are no longer considered life-threatening.
A 22-year-old from Dagenham, a 20-year-old from Upminster and a 23-year-old from South Ockendon have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and are in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Inspector Natalia Ross said: “Our officers remain at the scene as the investigation progresses and we will have additional officers on patrols in the area.
“We urge anyone who has concerns or information about the incident to speak to our officers.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
Detectives would like to speak to anyone who saw the incident or has dash cam, doorbell or CCTV footage of what happened.
Information can be reported to Grays CID through the Essex Police website here referencing incident 40 of July 1.
Alternatively, call 101 or anonymously contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.