Attempted murder investigation: Police renew bid to find armed fugitive Francis O’Donoghue
- Credit: Archant
Police have intensified their attempts to take fugitive gunman Francis O’Donoghue, who is wanted for an attempted murder, off the streets.
“Several sightings” of O’Donoghue, 27, have been reported since the glazier’s picture hit newsstands just under a week ago.
O’Donoghue, who is believed to be armed, was at home on Lizvale Farm, Navestock, at the time professional boxer Martin J Ward and his brother John were shot in the chest and legs.
The shooting on Tuesday last week was the latest chapter in a neighbour feud, police said, and followed a fight earlier that day outside a Harold Wood shop.
Essex Police’s Supt Trevor Roe said: “Francis O’Donoghue was definitely at the site when the shooting took place so our primary focus is to find him and take him off the streets.
“The response from the media appeals has been promising. Many of our leads are emanating from these calls so we’re extremely grateful for people’s help, but we are still looking for more information on Francis’s movements in the region.
“Again, we would urge anyone who knows him to avoid him purely because he is in possession of a handgun and those who come into contact with him should call us immediately.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
“There is nothing, though, to suggest people in the wider community are at risk of being injured.”
Police described O’Donoghue as white, approximately 5ft 11ins tall and of medium build. He has short brown hair, protruding ears and an Irish accent.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact detectives at Harlow’s Major Investigation Team on 101, e-mail them on SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.uk or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
If you know where O’Donoghue is, call 999.