Attempted murder investigation: Police renew bid to find armed fugitive Francis O’Donoghue
- Credit: Archant
Police have intensified their attempts to take fugitive gunman Francis O’Donoghue, who is wanted for an attempted murder, off the streets.
“Several sightings” of O’Donoghue, 27, have been reported since the glazier’s picture hit newsstands just under a week ago.
O’Donoghue, who is believed to be armed, was at home on Lizvale Farm, Navestock, at the time professional boxer Martin J Ward and his brother John were shot in the chest and legs.
The shooting on Tuesday last week was the latest chapter in a neighbour feud, police said, and followed a fight earlier that day outside a Harold Wood shop.
Essex Police’s Supt Trevor Roe said: “Francis O’Donoghue was definitely at the site when the shooting took place so our primary focus is to find him and take him off the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“The response from the media appeals has been promising. Many of our leads are emanating from these calls so we’re extremely grateful for people’s help, but we are still looking for more information on Francis’s movements in the region.
“Again, we would urge anyone who knows him to avoid him purely because he is in possession of a handgun and those who come into contact with him should call us immediately.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
“There is nothing, though, to suggest people in the wider community are at risk of being injured.”
Police described O’Donoghue as white, approximately 5ft 11ins tall and of medium build. He has short brown hair, protruding ears and an Irish accent.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact detectives at Harlow’s Major Investigation Team on 101, e-mail them on SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.uk or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
If you know where O’Donoghue is, call 999.