Axe among weapons binned at Dagenham police station
- Credit: Archant
Knives, an axe and box cutter blades were among the weapons handed to Dagenham police station last month.
The instruments were disposed of safely in the Rainham Road South, Dagenham station’s knife bin.
“It’s clear that none of them have been used or need forensic checks,” said Det Sgt Emma Bowles of the Met’s East Area Gangs Unit.
Officers took part in weapons sweeps yesterday morning around Valence Park and the Gascoigne and Herts Lane estates in Barking as part of Operation Sceptre, which aims to reduce knife crime across London.
A warden discovered a blade in the Becontree Avenue, Dagenham park in the last two weeks, said Det Sgt Bowles.
Former bailiff Richard Littleton said he had found and reported multiple blades while fishing at the site.
“I’ve still got one indoors that I found two months ago,” he said.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 7 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Man in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 10 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times