Axe among weapons binned at Dagenham police station
- Credit: Archant
Knives, an axe and box cutter blades were among the weapons handed to Dagenham police station last month.
The instruments were disposed of safely in the Rainham Road South, Dagenham station’s knife bin.
“It’s clear that none of them have been used or need forensic checks,” said Det Sgt Emma Bowles of the Met’s East Area Gangs Unit.
Officers took part in weapons sweeps yesterday morning around Valence Park and the Gascoigne and Herts Lane estates in Barking as part of Operation Sceptre, which aims to reduce knife crime across London.
A warden discovered a blade in the Becontree Avenue, Dagenham park in the last two weeks, said Det Sgt Bowles.
You may also want to watch:
Former bailiff Richard Littleton said he had found and reported multiple blades while fishing at the site.
“I’ve still got one indoors that I found two months ago,” he said.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs