Baby taken ill in Dagenham died from a head injury
- Credit: Archant
A baby boy taken ill in Dagenham died from a head injury, a post-mortem exam has found.
The nine-month-old, who police have yet to name publicly, died two days after being taken to hospital earlier this month.
Officers had been called to Becontree Avenue shortly after 11.30am on Friday, October 5.
Though they have established the baby’s identity and informed next of kin, they are not releasing his name “at this time”, a spokeswoman said.
Following the post-mortem on Thursday, October 11, police await confirmation from further specialist tests with an inquest to open in due course.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 2 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 7 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 8 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces