Baby taken ill in Dagenham died from a head injury
- Credit: Archant
A baby boy taken ill in Dagenham died from a head injury, a post-mortem exam has found.
The nine-month-old, who police have yet to name publicly, died two days after being taken to hospital earlier this month.
Officers had been called to Becontree Avenue shortly after 11.30am on Friday, October 5.
Though they have established the baby’s identity and informed next of kin, they are not releasing his name “at this time”, a spokeswoman said.
Following the post-mortem on Thursday, October 11, police await confirmation from further specialist tests with an inquest to open in due course.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks