Baby taken ill in Dagenham died from a head injury
- Credit: Archant
A baby boy taken ill in Dagenham died from a head injury, a post-mortem exam has found.
The nine-month-old, who police have yet to name publicly, died two days after being taken to hospital earlier this month.
Officers had been called to Becontree Avenue shortly after 11.30am on Friday, October 5.
Though they have established the baby’s identity and informed next of kin, they are not releasing his name “at this time”, a spokeswoman said.
Following the post-mortem on Thursday, October 11, police await confirmation from further specialist tests with an inquest to open in due course.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years