Barking and Dagenham burglaries - efit released
Police have released an image of a man they want to question over four burglaries in the borough.
Officer say individual has pretended to be a council worker, a glazier, a gardener and a roofer in order to get into peoples homes and steal cash between April 28 and May 8.
His victims range in age between 64 and 84 years and he suspect has been known to show ID to gain entry into the resident’s homes.
Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “As I am often heard to say, the effects of becoming a victim of burglary go far deeper than a loss of property. With your help we can find this person and place him before the courts.”
Police are warning residents who are not expecting a visitor should always ask for identification while holding out their hand to take the item and don’t allow callers to flash it.
You may also want to watch:
If there is any doubt at all that a person is genuine close the door and dial 999 immediately.
Anyone who thinks they may be able to identify the man shown in the e-fit should contact DetCon Nainesh Desai of Barking and Dagenham CID on 020 3276 1056 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer