Barking and Dagenham burglaries - efit released
Police have released an image of a man they want to question over four burglaries in the borough.
Officer say individual has pretended to be a council worker, a glazier, a gardener and a roofer in order to get into peoples homes and steal cash between April 28 and May 8.
His victims range in age between 64 and 84 years and he suspect has been known to show ID to gain entry into the resident’s homes.
Borough Commander Matt Bell said: “As I am often heard to say, the effects of becoming a victim of burglary go far deeper than a loss of property. With your help we can find this person and place him before the courts.”
Police are warning residents who are not expecting a visitor should always ask for identification while holding out their hand to take the item and don’t allow callers to flash it.
You may also want to watch:
If there is any doubt at all that a person is genuine close the door and dial 999 immediately.
Anyone who thinks they may be able to identify the man shown in the e-fit should contact DetCon Nainesh Desai of Barking and Dagenham CID on 020 3276 1056 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital