Regeneration firm offers free bus tour of Barking and Dagenham’s regeneration
- Credit: Archant
An organisation is offering people the chance to learn more about developments in the borough by taking its free bus tour.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council's regeneration firm, has announced the third year of its tour designed to give passengers an insight into the area's building projects.
Its managing director, Pat Hayes, said: "Our mission is to accelerate growth in the borough so that we can provide homes and jobs for local people.
"It's a huge task and we hope to deliver 50,000 new homes and 20,000 new jobs over the next 20 years.
"But to appreciate the scale and the opportunity, it's not enough to read about it - you have to see it with your own eyes."
You may also want to watch:
Guide, Charlie Forman, leads the tour, providing insights into the past, present and future of the borough.
It starts and finishes at Barking Town Hall and does a circuit of the borough, with the Ice House Quarter, Barking Riverside and the Dagenham film studio site included.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
The monthly tours can be booked on a first come, first served basis at: eventbrite.co.uk/e/barking-or-bust-tour-dynamic-dagenham-too-tickets-54360653177.