Regeneration firm offers free bus tour of Barking and Dagenham’s regeneration
- Credit: Archant
An organisation is offering people the chance to learn more about developments in the borough by taking its free bus tour.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council's regeneration firm, has announced the third year of its tour designed to give passengers an insight into the area's building projects.
Its managing director, Pat Hayes, said: "Our mission is to accelerate growth in the borough so that we can provide homes and jobs for local people.
"It's a huge task and we hope to deliver 50,000 new homes and 20,000 new jobs over the next 20 years.
"But to appreciate the scale and the opportunity, it's not enough to read about it - you have to see it with your own eyes."
Guide, Charlie Forman, leads the tour, providing insights into the past, present and future of the borough.
It starts and finishes at Barking Town Hall and does a circuit of the borough, with the Ice House Quarter, Barking Riverside and the Dagenham film studio site included.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
The monthly tours can be booked on a first come, first served basis at: eventbrite.co.uk/e/barking-or-bust-tour-dynamic-dagenham-too-tickets-54360653177.