Regeneration firm offers free bus tour of Barking and Dagenham’s regeneration
- Credit: Archant
An organisation is offering people the chance to learn more about developments in the borough by taking its free bus tour.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council's regeneration firm, has announced the third year of its tour designed to give passengers an insight into the area's building projects.
Its managing director, Pat Hayes, said: "Our mission is to accelerate growth in the borough so that we can provide homes and jobs for local people.
"It's a huge task and we hope to deliver 50,000 new homes and 20,000 new jobs over the next 20 years.
"But to appreciate the scale and the opportunity, it's not enough to read about it - you have to see it with your own eyes."
You may also want to watch:
Guide, Charlie Forman, leads the tour, providing insights into the past, present and future of the borough.
It starts and finishes at Barking Town Hall and does a circuit of the borough, with the Ice House Quarter, Barking Riverside and the Dagenham film studio site included.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
The monthly tours can be booked on a first come, first served basis at: eventbrite.co.uk/e/barking-or-bust-tour-dynamic-dagenham-too-tickets-54360653177.