Regeneration firm offers free bus tour of Barking and Dagenham’s regeneration
- Credit: Archant
An organisation is offering people the chance to learn more about developments in the borough by taking its free bus tour.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council's regeneration firm, has announced the third year of its tour designed to give passengers an insight into the area's building projects.
Its managing director, Pat Hayes, said: "Our mission is to accelerate growth in the borough so that we can provide homes and jobs for local people.
"It's a huge task and we hope to deliver 50,000 new homes and 20,000 new jobs over the next 20 years.
"But to appreciate the scale and the opportunity, it's not enough to read about it - you have to see it with your own eyes."
You may also want to watch:
Guide, Charlie Forman, leads the tour, providing insights into the past, present and future of the borough.
It starts and finishes at Barking Town Hall and does a circuit of the borough, with the Ice House Quarter, Barking Riverside and the Dagenham film studio site included.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods
The monthly tours can be booked on a first come, first served basis at: eventbrite.co.uk/e/barking-or-bust-tour-dynamic-dagenham-too-tickets-54360653177.