Barking and Dagenham ‘champions’ set to boost cycling for women
A cycling group has issued a rallying call to female riders to lead a new generation of “champions” and help boost the sport among women.
Cycle racing governing body British Cycling is urging the female cyclists to encourage others to take to the pedal after statistics showed three times as many men as women cycle for fun.
British Cycling members will train the champions during a free course held at and around The Broadway, Barking, between 8.45am and 5.30pm, on May 19.
The so-called “breeze champions” will be able to launch cycling groups and team up with their counterparts for fun rides.
“The great thing about this network is that women don’t have to lead alone,” a British Cycling spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
“Add an extra dose of girl power and team up with a friend to become breeze buddies and deliver the ride together. The opportunities are endless.”
For more information, log on to breezebikerides.com
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds