Barking and Dagenham police appeal for help to find jewellery
DO you recognise this stolen jewellery? The ring and necklace was discovered during a routine stop and search by police.
A 17-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Officers are now keen to hear from anyone who thinks they know the identity of the owner or has information on the theft.
Police Sergeant Brian Fry said: “This is a very distinctive piece of jewellery and I am hoping that someone in the community will recognise it.”
He recommended owners of Asian gold to buy a small safe to keep valuables and sentimental items in.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also massively useful to photograph your jewellery so that if it is stolen police have an idea of what they are looking for, and if they find it, as in this case, who to return it to.”
To increase security police also recommend making sure all windows and doors are locked and secure, properly locking UPVC doors by lifting the handle and using the key when out or going to bed, and using timer switches on lamps to give homes a ‘lived-in’ look.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
Anyone with information on the jewellery should call Barking and Dagenham Police Borough Support Unit on 07789 923 845 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.