Barking and Dagenham police appeal for help to find jewellery
DO you recognise this stolen jewellery? The ring and necklace was discovered during a routine stop and search by police.
A 17-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Officers are now keen to hear from anyone who thinks they know the identity of the owner or has information on the theft.
Police Sergeant Brian Fry said: “This is a very distinctive piece of jewellery and I am hoping that someone in the community will recognise it.”
He recommended owners of Asian gold to buy a small safe to keep valuables and sentimental items in.
“It is also massively useful to photograph your jewellery so that if it is stolen police have an idea of what they are looking for, and if they find it, as in this case, who to return it to.”
To increase security police also recommend making sure all windows and doors are locked and secure, properly locking UPVC doors by lifting the handle and using the key when out or going to bed, and using timer switches on lamps to give homes a ‘lived-in’ look.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 3 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 8 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 10 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
Anyone with information on the jewellery should call Barking and Dagenham Police Borough Support Unit on 07789 923 845 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.