Barking and Dagenham police urging residents to sign up for new email service
Barking and Dagenham Police are encouraging residents to register for a free email service so they can receive regular information about what is happening in the borough.
This can include missing persons, witness appeals, arrest/conviction details, enhanced police presence details or information about emerging crime trends in the area.
As part of the service, called Neighbourhood Link, emails can even be sent to specific wards, meaning that if a particular ward is being targeted for burglary or by bogus callers, police can let residents know about it.
After registration residents only receive information about the area they sign up to. Those that live in Barking and Dagenham but work in another London borough can sign up for information emails on that borough too, as long as that borough is using the service..
Barking and Dagenham Borough Police acting borough commander, Gary Buttercase said: “If a particular criminal is active in your area we want you to know about it, and know about it fast.
You may also want to watch:
“This service, when used as an “early warning” system, could potentially prevent many people from falling victim to criminals. “Feedback from other boroughs using Neighbourhood Link has been extremely positive and the use of this impressive communication tool is rapidly spreading across police boroughs within the Met.”
To register please visit www.neighbourhoodlink.met.police.uk.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking and Dagenham light festival ends with message of peace
- 4 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 9 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham