Barking and Dagenham rogue traders warning
Residents have been told to be extra vigilant after an increase in the number of complaints about bogus builders in Barking and Dagenham.
One victim was told that a full re-roofing needed to be done shortly after minor work was agreed to.
In many cases the quote starts small at around �50, increasing to over �1,000.
Barking and Dagenham Council is urging residents to be avoid offering trade to builders who knock on doors or post leaflets.
If a builder enters your property or starts work without your agreement, contact the police immediately or call the Consumer Helpline on 08454 04 05 06.
You may also want to watch:
Details of reputable traders can be found on www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police