Barking and Dagenham rogue traders warning
Residents have been told to be extra vigilant after an increase in the number of complaints about bogus builders in Barking and Dagenham.
One victim was told that a full re-roofing needed to be done shortly after minor work was agreed to.
In many cases the quote starts small at around �50, increasing to over �1,000.
Barking and Dagenham Council is urging residents to be avoid offering trade to builders who knock on doors or post leaflets.
If a builder enters your property or starts work without your agreement, contact the police immediately or call the Consumer Helpline on 08454 04 05 06.
You may also want to watch:
Details of reputable traders can be found on www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk
- 1 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 2 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 7 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 8 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 9 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest