Barking and Dagenham rogue traders warning
Residents have been told to be extra vigilant after an increase in the number of complaints about bogus builders in Barking and Dagenham.
One victim was told that a full re-roofing needed to be done shortly after minor work was agreed to.
In many cases the quote starts small at around �50, increasing to over �1,000.
Barking and Dagenham Council is urging residents to be avoid offering trade to builders who knock on doors or post leaflets.
If a builder enters your property or starts work without your agreement, contact the police immediately or call the Consumer Helpline on 08454 04 05 06.
You may also want to watch:
Details of reputable traders can be found on www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo