Barking and Dagenham rogue traders warning
Residents have been told to be extra vigilant after an increase in the number of complaints about bogus builders in Barking and Dagenham.
One victim was told that a full re-roofing needed to be done shortly after minor work was agreed to.
In many cases the quote starts small at around �50, increasing to over �1,000.
Barking and Dagenham Council is urging residents to be avoid offering trade to builders who knock on doors or post leaflets.
If a builder enters your property or starts work without your agreement, contact the police immediately or call the Consumer Helpline on 08454 04 05 06.
Details of reputable traders can be found on www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests