Jailed: Dagenham teenager caught with a fake gun and cocaine
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Dagenham who was caught carrying a fake gun disguised as a cigarette lighter and cocaine has been jailed.
Peshang Selman, 19, of Sparks Close, was found with the imitation handgun, 18 vials of the class A drugs and an extendable baton after police pulled him over in his car in the Square Mile.
Inner London Crown Court heard he came to the attention of officers from City of London Police who spotted him driving with a faulty brake light on June 19.
Selmen falsely told them his name was ‘Alex Domis’ from Romania but they became suspicious of his nervous manner and his attempt to his phone screen and ID so carried out a search.
Last week he was sentenced to three years at a young offenders’ institution after being convicted of possession of an offensive weapon, possession of an imitation firearm, possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply, obstruction of justice, and driving without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
He is also banned from driving for 25 months.
Det Con Ashleigh Wright from City of London Police said: “The City of London Police operates a zero tolerance policy to drugs.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods
“As well as those who take drugs or deal drugs in the City, we are committed to seeking out people who travel through the Square Mile with drugs to commit offences elsewhere and bring them to justice.”