Jailed: Dagenham teenager caught with a fake gun and cocaine
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Dagenham who was caught carrying a fake gun disguised as a cigarette lighter and cocaine has been jailed.
Peshang Selman, 19, of Sparks Close, was found with the imitation handgun, 18 vials of the class A drugs and an extendable baton after police pulled him over in his car in the Square Mile.
Inner London Crown Court heard he came to the attention of officers from City of London Police who spotted him driving with a faulty brake light on June 19.
Selmen falsely told them his name was ‘Alex Domis’ from Romania but they became suspicious of his nervous manner and his attempt to his phone screen and ID so carried out a search.
Last week he was sentenced to three years at a young offenders’ institution after being convicted of possession of an offensive weapon, possession of an imitation firearm, possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply, obstruction of justice, and driving without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
He is also banned from driving for 25 months.
Det Con Ashleigh Wright from City of London Police said: “The City of London Police operates a zero tolerance policy to drugs.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 3 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 10 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
“As well as those who take drugs or deal drugs in the City, we are committed to seeking out people who travel through the Square Mile with drugs to commit offences elsewhere and bring them to justice.”