Barking boy, 15, charged after police officer stabbed
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old from Barking and another teenager have been charged after a police officer was stabbed.
Around 3.40pm yesterday (Sunday, October 4), two police officers – a man and a woman - challenged two people in Chapter Street, Westminster, following an attempted robbery of a grocery store.
During the incident, the female officer received a stab wound to the abdomen.
She was taken to hospital and later discharged.
Two boys, both 15, were later arrested and charged and due to appear at Highbury Corner Youth Court today (Monday, October 5).
You may also want to watch:
The boy from Barking was charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm against a police officer; assault by beating of an emergency worker, in relation to the male officer; attempted robbery; threatening a person with a blade or sharply pointed article in a public place; assault by beating; and criminal damage.
The other teenager, from Hampshire, was charged with assault by beating of an emergency worker; attempted robbery; threatening a person with a blade or sharply pointed article in a public place; assault by beating; and criminal damage.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home