Barking and Ilford men arrested after Norfolk stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man was arrested in Barking in the early hours of Sunday morning in connection with a stabbing in Norwich.
Another man, a 21-year-old from Ilford was then arrested today at 3am by Met Police officers.
Both were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with an incident earlier this month.
On Sunday, September 15, two men in their early 30s were approached by three men in a Ford Focus which mounted the pavement and struck one of them.
The second victim ran away but was attacked and stabbed three times, suffering injuries to his shoulder and buttocks.
You may also want to watch:
Both men received medical treatment at hospital but were later released.
Officers from Norfolk Police believe it was a deliberate act.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Det Insp Richard Graveling said: “The level of violence used in this attack is serious but fortunately extremely rare in Norwich.
“While we are keeping an open mind our enquiries are being focused on the belief this was a targeted attack and not a random incident.”
After both suspects were taken to Norfolk for questioning, the man from Barking was released on bail until next month while the Ilford man remains in custody.