Barking and Ilford men arrested after Norfolk stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man was arrested in Barking in the early hours of Sunday morning in connection with a stabbing in Norwich.
Another man, a 21-year-old from Ilford was then arrested today at 3am by Met Police officers.
Both were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with an incident earlier this month.
On Sunday, September 15, two men in their early 30s were approached by three men in a Ford Focus which mounted the pavement and struck one of them.
The second victim ran away but was attacked and stabbed three times, suffering injuries to his shoulder and buttocks.
You may also want to watch:
Both men received medical treatment at hospital but were later released.
Officers from Norfolk Police believe it was a deliberate act.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 4 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 5 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 9 Dagenham fight back to seal win over King's Lynn
- 10 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
Det Insp Richard Graveling said: “The level of violence used in this attack is serious but fortunately extremely rare in Norwich.
“While we are keeping an open mind our enquiries are being focused on the belief this was a targeted attack and not a random incident.”
After both suspects were taken to Norfolk for questioning, the man from Barking was released on bail until next month while the Ilford man remains in custody.