Barking and Ilford men arrested after Norfolk stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man was arrested in Barking in the early hours of Sunday morning in connection with a stabbing in Norwich.
Another man, a 21-year-old from Ilford was then arrested today at 3am by Met Police officers.
Both were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with an incident earlier this month.
On Sunday, September 15, two men in their early 30s were approached by three men in a Ford Focus which mounted the pavement and struck one of them.
The second victim ran away but was attacked and stabbed three times, suffering injuries to his shoulder and buttocks.
Both men received medical treatment at hospital but were later released.
Officers from Norfolk Police believe it was a deliberate act.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Fire at Barking recycling centre
- 3 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 4 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 5 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge supporters hoping for final-day glory
- 9 Two arrested after shooting and stabbing in Barking
- 10 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
Det Insp Richard Graveling said: “The level of violence used in this attack is serious but fortunately extremely rare in Norwich.
“While we are keeping an open mind our enquiries are being focused on the belief this was a targeted attack and not a random incident.”
After both suspects were taken to Norfolk for questioning, the man from Barking was released on bail until next month while the Ilford man remains in custody.