Barking drug dealer jailed
A Barking man was jailed for three years yesterday after being found guilty of eight counts of supplying class A drugs.
Johnnie Crosby, 36, of Bridgeway, was one of 20 people found guilty of drug-related offences at Chelmsford Crown Court following a major operation by Essex Police.
The swoop saw properties in East London and Essex raided by officers following intelligence from local communities and undercover officers infiltrating the gang.
A further eight people arrested during the operation are yet to stand trial.
Chief Supt Alison Newcomb, divisional commander for Essex Police’s Eastern Division, said: “The sentences handed down today are testament to the hard work of my officers over many months to ensure these criminals were brought to justice.
You may also want to watch:
“Essential to this operation has been information given to us by members of the local community and the ongoing support we have been afforded by them.
“We know that there’s a close link between drug abuse and crimes such as burglaries and thefts and offenders often steal to fund their habit, continuing the cycle of crime. This is why the supply of illegal drugs affects the lives of so many people.”
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham