Barking drug dealer jailed
A Barking man was jailed for three years yesterday after being found guilty of eight counts of supplying class A drugs.
Johnnie Crosby, 36, of Bridgeway, was one of 20 people found guilty of drug-related offences at Chelmsford Crown Court following a major operation by Essex Police.
The swoop saw properties in East London and Essex raided by officers following intelligence from local communities and undercover officers infiltrating the gang.
A further eight people arrested during the operation are yet to stand trial.
Chief Supt Alison Newcomb, divisional commander for Essex Police’s Eastern Division, said: “The sentences handed down today are testament to the hard work of my officers over many months to ensure these criminals were brought to justice.
You may also want to watch:
“Essential to this operation has been information given to us by members of the local community and the ongoing support we have been afforded by them.
“We know that there’s a close link between drug abuse and crimes such as burglaries and thefts and offenders often steal to fund their habit, continuing the cycle of crime. This is why the supply of illegal drugs affects the lives of so many people.”
- 1 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 8 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 9 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting