Barking drug dealer jailed
A Barking man was jailed for three years yesterday after being found guilty of eight counts of supplying class A drugs.
Johnnie Crosby, 36, of Bridgeway, was one of 20 people found guilty of drug-related offences at Chelmsford Crown Court following a major operation by Essex Police.
The swoop saw properties in East London and Essex raided by officers following intelligence from local communities and undercover officers infiltrating the gang.
A further eight people arrested during the operation are yet to stand trial.
Chief Supt Alison Newcomb, divisional commander for Essex Police’s Eastern Division, said: “The sentences handed down today are testament to the hard work of my officers over many months to ensure these criminals were brought to justice.
“Essential to this operation has been information given to us by members of the local community and the ongoing support we have been afforded by them.
“We know that there’s a close link between drug abuse and crimes such as burglaries and thefts and offenders often steal to fund their habit, continuing the cycle of crime. This is why the supply of illegal drugs affects the lives of so many people.”
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products