Barking drug dealer jailed
A Barking man was jailed for three years yesterday after being found guilty of eight counts of supplying class A drugs.
Johnnie Crosby, 36, of Bridgeway, was one of 20 people found guilty of drug-related offences at Chelmsford Crown Court following a major operation by Essex Police.
The swoop saw properties in East London and Essex raided by officers following intelligence from local communities and undercover officers infiltrating the gang.
A further eight people arrested during the operation are yet to stand trial.
Chief Supt Alison Newcomb, divisional commander for Essex Police’s Eastern Division, said: “The sentences handed down today are testament to the hard work of my officers over many months to ensure these criminals were brought to justice.
You may also want to watch:
“Essential to this operation has been information given to us by members of the local community and the ongoing support we have been afforded by them.
“We know that there’s a close link between drug abuse and crimes such as burglaries and thefts and offenders often steal to fund their habit, continuing the cycle of crime. This is why the supply of illegal drugs affects the lives of so many people.”
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 5 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 6 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 7 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital