Barking man among three jailed for gun offences
- Credit: Met Police
Two men and a teenage boy have been jailed after a loaded shotgun was found in their possession.
Elvis Kisikidi, 20, of Gurney Close, Barking, and Olatunji Ladejobi, 21, of Araglen Avenue, South Ockendon, were jailed for 11 years and a 16-year-old from Upper Edmonton, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for eight years.
All three were found guilty of possession of an offensive weapon, and possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence at Wood Green Crown Court.
They were arrested after a pre-planned operation by detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command led to a loaded shotgun and a knife being recovered from a car in Islington.
Following intelligence information, detectives and firearms officers stopped the Citroen Berlingo at about 3.45pm on August 3 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking following the sentencing on Friday, Det Con Tom Wiles, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Today’s sentencing should send out a clear message to those affiliated with gangs; tackling gang-related violence remains a key priority for us and we will continue to target and convict those who are involved in this lifestyle.
“A firearm has been seized and taken off the streets and three very dangerous people will now face a significant period behind bars where they are unable to continue causing fear, alarm and misery to local residents.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
Two other men – Henrikas Lozovskis, 25, from Dagenham, and Kaelem Wynter, 19, from Borehamwood, were found not guilty of all offences.