Barking man among three jailed for gun offences
- Credit: Met Police
Two men and a teenage boy have been jailed after a loaded shotgun was found in their possession.
Elvis Kisikidi, 20, of Gurney Close, Barking, and Olatunji Ladejobi, 21, of Araglen Avenue, South Ockendon, were jailed for 11 years and a 16-year-old from Upper Edmonton, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for eight years.
All three were found guilty of possession of an offensive weapon, and possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence at Wood Green Crown Court.
They were arrested after a pre-planned operation by detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command led to a loaded shotgun and a knife being recovered from a car in Islington.
Following intelligence information, detectives and firearms officers stopped the Citroen Berlingo at about 3.45pm on August 3 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking following the sentencing on Friday, Det Con Tom Wiles, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Today’s sentencing should send out a clear message to those affiliated with gangs; tackling gang-related violence remains a key priority for us and we will continue to target and convict those who are involved in this lifestyle.
“A firearm has been seized and taken off the streets and three very dangerous people will now face a significant period behind bars where they are unable to continue causing fear, alarm and misery to local residents.”
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
Two other men – Henrikas Lozovskis, 25, from Dagenham, and Kaelem Wynter, 19, from Borehamwood, were found not guilty of all offences.