Barking man among three jailed for gun offences
- Credit: Met Police
Two men and a teenage boy have been jailed after a loaded shotgun was found in their possession.
Elvis Kisikidi, 20, of Gurney Close, Barking, and Olatunji Ladejobi, 21, of Araglen Avenue, South Ockendon, were jailed for 11 years and a 16-year-old from Upper Edmonton, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for eight years.
All three were found guilty of possession of an offensive weapon, and possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence at Wood Green Crown Court.
They were arrested after a pre-planned operation by detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command led to a loaded shotgun and a knife being recovered from a car in Islington.
Following intelligence information, detectives and firearms officers stopped the Citroen Berlingo at about 3.45pm on August 3 last year.
Speaking following the sentencing on Friday, Det Con Tom Wiles, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Today’s sentencing should send out a clear message to those affiliated with gangs; tackling gang-related violence remains a key priority for us and we will continue to target and convict those who are involved in this lifestyle.
“A firearm has been seized and taken off the streets and three very dangerous people will now face a significant period behind bars where they are unable to continue causing fear, alarm and misery to local residents.”
- 1 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 3 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
Two other men – Henrikas Lozovskis, 25, from Dagenham, and Kaelem Wynter, 19, from Borehamwood, were found not guilty of all offences.