Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- Credit: Google
A man from Barking has been arrested after three men were injured in Southend.
Essex Police were called to reports of an assault in the seaside town after 9pm last night (June 9).
The force said officers found three men from London had been attacked in Pleasant Road, just off Southend Beach.
The victims, who are aged in their 20s, were taken to hospital with injuries which were not life-changing or life-threatening and have all been discharged.
The man from Barking has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and remains in custody.
Ch Insp Ian Hughes, district commander in Southend, said: "This incident occurred in a very public place and is understandably causing concern among our community.
"Our officers were on patrol in the area at the time and were quickly on the scene."
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 4 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 7 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 10 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge