Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with the murder of a mother-of-two whose body was found in Chadwell Heath.
Valentin Lazar, 20, from Barking, was charged on Monday evening and is due to appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, May 11.
He is charged with murdering Maria Rawlings, 45, from Chelmsford, whose body was found in bushes in Little Heath on May 4.
A post-mortem examination gave a preliminary cause of death as neck compression and possible blunt force head trauma.
Homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the incident room on 020 8345 3865; via 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 3551/4May.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate