Barking man convicted of drink driving on the M11 in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
A man from Barking has been named and shamed as a drink driver in a Christmas campaign by Essex Police.
Robertas Rimkevicius, of Atlantis Close, was arrested while driving on the M11 in Chigwell on December 20.
He was breath-tested and subsequently charged with drink driving following his arrest at 9.15pm.
The 34-year-old was disqualified for 18 months, must do 120 hours community service and pay court costs of £85 and a further £85 as a victim surcharge.
Essex Police launched its anti-drink and drug driving campaign on December 1 which will last until New Years Day.
You may also want to watch:
The name and image of ay motorists convicted of drink-driving during that period will be published on its official website.
Rimkevicius is the fifth person to have been named.
To see the others visit essex.police.uk/news.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.