Barking man convicted of drink driving on the M11 in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
A man from Barking has been named and shamed as a drink driver in a Christmas campaign by Essex Police.
Robertas Rimkevicius, of Atlantis Close, was arrested while driving on the M11 in Chigwell on December 20.
He was breath-tested and subsequently charged with drink driving following his arrest at 9.15pm.
The 34-year-old was disqualified for 18 months, must do 120 hours community service and pay court costs of £85 and a further £85 as a victim surcharge.
Essex Police launched its anti-drink and drug driving campaign on December 1 which will last until New Years Day.
You may also want to watch:
The name and image of ay motorists convicted of drink-driving during that period will be published on its official website.
Rimkevicius is the fifth person to have been named.
To see the others visit essex.police.uk/news.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood