Barking man convicted of drink driving on the M11 in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
A man from Barking has been named and shamed as a drink driver in a Christmas campaign by Essex Police.
Robertas Rimkevicius, of Atlantis Close, was arrested while driving on the M11 in Chigwell on December 20.
He was breath-tested and subsequently charged with drink driving following his arrest at 9.15pm.
The 34-year-old was disqualified for 18 months, must do 120 hours community service and pay court costs of £85 and a further £85 as a victim surcharge.
Essex Police launched its anti-drink and drug driving campaign on December 1 which will last until New Years Day.
You may also want to watch:
The name and image of ay motorists convicted of drink-driving during that period will be published on its official website.
Rimkevicius is the fifth person to have been named.
To see the others visit essex.police.uk/news.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault