Barking man fined after being caught with cannabis (again)
- Credit: Google
A Barking man who was warned by police over cannabis possession and later fined after he was found with the drug “will be cautioned” if caught a third time, the council says.
The man was issued with a £90 on-the-spot fine on Wednesday afternoon after being found to have a bag of the Class B drug on him.
Police and Barking and Dagenham Council’s estate police officers had been called to Sunningdale Avenue at about 1.30pm after reports of drug dealing and antisocial behaviour.
Officers arrived within 20 minutes to find a group of five males and one female.
The man with the bag of weed was known to the authorities, having been handed a Cannabis Warning on a different occasion, according to the council.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the group had their details taken and were allowed to leave.
“This demonstrates our determination to make sure we take the strongest possible action [against antisocial behaviour],” said council leader Darren Rodwell.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL