Barking man fined after being caught with cannabis (again)
- Credit: Google
A Barking man who was warned by police over cannabis possession and later fined after he was found with the drug “will be cautioned” if caught a third time, the council says.
The man was issued with a £90 on-the-spot fine on Wednesday afternoon after being found to have a bag of the Class B drug on him.
Police and Barking and Dagenham Council’s estate police officers had been called to Sunningdale Avenue at about 1.30pm after reports of drug dealing and antisocial behaviour.
Officers arrived within 20 minutes to find a group of five males and one female.
The man with the bag of weed was known to the authorities, having been handed a Cannabis Warning on a different occasion, according to the council.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the group had their details taken and were allowed to leave.
“This demonstrates our determination to make sure we take the strongest possible action [against antisocial behaviour],” said council leader Darren Rodwell.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham