Barking man fined after being caught with cannabis (again)
- Credit: Google
A Barking man who was warned by police over cannabis possession and later fined after he was found with the drug “will be cautioned” if caught a third time, the council says.
The man was issued with a £90 on-the-spot fine on Wednesday afternoon after being found to have a bag of the Class B drug on him.
Police and Barking and Dagenham Council’s estate police officers had been called to Sunningdale Avenue at about 1.30pm after reports of drug dealing and antisocial behaviour.
Officers arrived within 20 minutes to find a group of five males and one female.
The man with the bag of weed was known to the authorities, having been handed a Cannabis Warning on a different occasion, according to the council.
The rest of the group had their details taken and were allowed to leave.
“This demonstrates our determination to make sure we take the strongest possible action [against antisocial behaviour],” said council leader Darren Rodwell.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick