Barking man raped and prostituted young girls, court hears
Two Barking men were part of an east London child prostitution ring that preyed on vulnerable teenage girls from a care home, a court heard today.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, and Hassan Raza, 23, both of Westminster Gardens, Barking, are on trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court with three other men.
Naeem Ahmed, known as Ricky, is charged with five counts of rape against two victims, controlling child prostitution, paying for the sexual services of a child, inciting child prostitution and causing prostitution for a gain.
Prosecutor Kate Bex said he attacked one victim at Park Hotel in Cranbrook Road, Ilford, with two other men, Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, and Nabeel’s brother Jameel Ahmed, 30, of Neville Road, Dagenham.
Ms Bex told the jury Naeem pinned the girl down on a bed while she was raped first by Nabeel and then by Jameel.
You may also want to watch:
She said the alleged victim had been coerced into prostitution by Naeem who she had met while living in a council-run care home in Ilford.
She said the men had preyed on their emotional vulnerability and added: “They are fully aware that they have been starved of affection and use this as a way to feed their own criminal means.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
Nabeel lured his second victim into his car by offering her a lift after seeing her argue with a friend, the court heard.
The 18-year-old, who had no money and could not use her phone, was taken to a house in Chadwell Heath and allegedly raped first by Naeem, then by Nabeel and then Naeem again.
Ms Bex told the jury: “She cried louder and louder hoping that someone would come to help her but that just caused [Nabeel] to put his hand over her mouth to shut her up.”
In the morning, Raza entered the room and began comforting her, only to begin sexually assaulting her, the jury was told.
Nabeel denies three counts of rape and his brother Jameel Ahmed, 25, denies two counts of rape.
Raza denies a single count of sexual assault and another defendant, Anas Iqbal, 25, of Newham Way, East Ham, denies five counts of rape against one victim, one of attempted rape against another and paying for the sexual services of a child.
The trial continues.