Barking man raped and prostituted young girls, court hears
Two Barking men were part of an east London child prostitution ring that preyed on vulnerable teenage girls from a care home, a court heard today.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, and Hassan Raza, 23, both of Westminster Gardens, Barking, are on trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court with three other men.
Naeem Ahmed, known as Ricky, is charged with five counts of rape against two victims, controlling child prostitution, paying for the sexual services of a child, inciting child prostitution and causing prostitution for a gain.
Prosecutor Kate Bex said he attacked one victim at Park Hotel in Cranbrook Road, Ilford, with two other men, Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, and Nabeel’s brother Jameel Ahmed, 30, of Neville Road, Dagenham.
Ms Bex told the jury Naeem pinned the girl down on a bed while she was raped first by Nabeel and then by Jameel.
You may also want to watch:
She said the alleged victim had been coerced into prostitution by Naeem who she had met while living in a council-run care home in Ilford.
She said the men had preyed on their emotional vulnerability and added: “They are fully aware that they have been starved of affection and use this as a way to feed their own criminal means.”
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
Nabeel lured his second victim into his car by offering her a lift after seeing her argue with a friend, the court heard.
The 18-year-old, who had no money and could not use her phone, was taken to a house in Chadwell Heath and allegedly raped first by Naeem, then by Nabeel and then Naeem again.
Ms Bex told the jury: “She cried louder and louder hoping that someone would come to help her but that just caused [Nabeel] to put his hand over her mouth to shut her up.”
In the morning, Raza entered the room and began comforting her, only to begin sexually assaulting her, the jury was told.
Nabeel denies three counts of rape and his brother Jameel Ahmed, 25, denies two counts of rape.
Raza denies a single count of sexual assault and another defendant, Anas Iqbal, 25, of Newham Way, East Ham, denies five counts of rape against one victim, one of attempted rape against another and paying for the sexual services of a child.
The trial continues.