Barking man Reece Tshoma, 23, named as victim of Plumstead stabbing murder
- Credit: Archant
A young man who died after being stabbed in the neck has been named as Reece Tshoma from Barking.
Reece, 23, was driven to hospital by a friend after being stabbed on Thursday evening near Nathan Way, close to Plumstead station in south east London.
Police were called to the hospital after Reece arrived there, shortly after 8.30pm, but he died in hospital later that evening.
A murder investigation has been launched and Det Chief Insp Richard Leonard said: “This investigation is ongoing and we are still piecing together exactly where and how the victim was attacked.
“Were you in the Plumstead area on the evening of March 29? Did you witness a commotion or altercation, or see anything that seemed unusual, like a person or group of people running in the area?
You may also want to watch:
“Any piece of information is useful to our investigation and I would urge you to call police immediately.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8721 4805, or call police on 101 quoting ref 7434/29 March, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 8 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 9 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
There have been no arrests.