Barking man Reece Tshoma, 23, named as victim of Plumstead stabbing murder
- Credit: Archant
A young man who died after being stabbed in the neck has been named as Reece Tshoma from Barking.
Reece, 23, was driven to hospital by a friend after being stabbed on Thursday evening near Nathan Way, close to Plumstead station in south east London.
Police were called to the hospital after Reece arrived there, shortly after 8.30pm, but he died in hospital later that evening.
A murder investigation has been launched and Det Chief Insp Richard Leonard said: “This investigation is ongoing and we are still piecing together exactly where and how the victim was attacked.
“Were you in the Plumstead area on the evening of March 29? Did you witness a commotion or altercation, or see anything that seemed unusual, like a person or group of people running in the area?
You may also want to watch:
“Any piece of information is useful to our investigation and I would urge you to call police immediately.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8721 4805, or call police on 101 quoting ref 7434/29 March, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
There have been no arrests.