Barking MP says residents have been left terrified
Barking MP Margaret Hodge has condemned the criminal damage and looting in Barking Town Centre last night which she says has left residents terrified.
Only the previous day Mrs Hodge had called for Mayor of London Boris Johnson to cut short his holiday in light of the riots in north London.
The violence spread closer to home last night with attacks on Vicarage Field Shopping Centre and JD Sports in Ripple Road.
The Westbury Arms pub on Ripple Road was set on fire and is now a smouldering ruin.
“I am absolutely appalled by what happened last night. Residents I have spoken to say they are terrified to go out on the street.
You may also want to watch:
“The police deserve credit for what they did last night.
“I understand that a number of people were arrested but the majority came from outside the area.”
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 8 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 9 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 10 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham