Barking mum of terror victim deplores 9/11 atrocities
Armed forces should have killed Osama bin Laden sooner, the mother of a July 7 victim said today.
The al-Qaeda leader bin Laden was killed in a firefight with US special forces in Pakistan on Monday.
Denise Baisden, whose son Lee, 34, died in the London Underground attacks, told the Post: “They should have got him sooner with him causing all these deaths around the world. It’s outrageous.”
An inquest, due to deliver its verdict on Friday, revealed accountant Lee was sitting next to suicide bomber Shehzad Tanweer as he detontated his bomb Circle Line in 2005 in the attack, which members of al-Qaeda have claimed responsibility for.
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas paid tribute to the victims of the US and London terror plots.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cruddas said: “When I heard of the death of Osama bin Laden I immediately thought back to friends and relatives of some of the victims of 9/11 who I had met talked to nearly 10 years ago and indeed relatives of the diseased from 7/7 whose inquiry will finish this week.
“These were events that had tragic consequences for people in the borough and our thoughts go out to them once again this week.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate