Barking murder: Police confirm victim as Abdulrahman Juma in witness appeal
- Credit: Met Police
Police have confirmed a man stabbed to death in Barking last Thursday was Abdulrahman Nassor Juma.
The 23-year-old, known to friends as Mani, was knifed to death in Crows Road as he walked home from evening prayers at around 11.30pm.
Police and paramedics called the scene close to Harts Lane found him suffering from multiple stab wounds.
Despite being given first aid by officers before medics arrived, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr Juma died from stab wounds to the chest, according to a post-mortem exam held the following day.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin have been informed.
Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command have launched a murder investigation into the attack, led by Det Chief Insp Andrew Packer. Equiries continue with no arrests made.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 8 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
Police ask anyone with information to call 020 8345 3865 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.