Barking murder probe: Victim named as Wieskaw Kopcynski
- Credit: Archant
A Barking man who died after suffering serious head injuries has been formally named.
Wieskaw Kopcynski, 59, died from a complex skull fracture shortly after 4.30pm on Tuesday, March 27, police said.
He was reportedly found shaking in bed, with blood coming from his nose the previous morning, those present at his home in Stern Close told officers.
Paramedics called to the address that evening rushed him to hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Scotland Yard launched a murder probe and are treating his house as a crime scene.
You may also want to watch:
Three people, a 48-year-old man and two women, aged 51 and 34, were arrested on suspicion of Wieskaw’s murder.
The man was bailed to a date in late April; the women interviewed by detectives and released under investigation.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
A fourth man was arrested and taken to prison for failing to appear in court on an unrelated matter.
Met Police ask anyone with information to call 101 quoting CAD 7725/25MAR or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.