Barking murder: Victim is officially named as David Adegbite
- Credit: Archant
The teenager who was shot in the head in St Ann’s on Sunday evening has been officially named by police as David Adegbite.
The 18-year-old was shot in the head on Sunday evening in St Ann’s just after 7pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died at 10.30pm.
Police are treating David’s death as murder and have arrested two men, one aged 19 and one 20-year-old, who have since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am continuing to appeal for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of David’s murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods