Barking murder: Victim is officially named as David Adegbite
- Credit: Archant
The teenager who was shot in the head in St Ann’s on Sunday evening has been officially named by police as David Adegbite.
The 18-year-old was shot in the head on Sunday evening in St Ann’s just after 7pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died at 10.30pm.
Police are treating David’s death as murder and have arrested two men, one aged 19 and one 20-year-old, who have since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am continuing to appeal for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of David’s murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 8 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 9 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex