Barking nurse sexually assaulted woman in his car
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
An agency nurse could face jail after being found guilty of sexually assaulting a woman in his car.
Anil Ragoonath, 47, of Salisbury Avenue, Barking, pleaded not guilty to one count of sexual assault on a female at Romford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
Prosecuting Sena Frimpong told the court how the nurse had driven the victim home in his Volvo on the morning of Friday, June 3.
Throughout the journey he repeatedly touched her legs – including the inside of her thighs – and arms, and at one point interlocked his hands in hers.
“He said he wanted to leave his wife but he couldn’t because he had two boys,” said the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons. He said ‘[his wife] doesn’t give it to me any more, she’s always too tired.’
You may also want to watch:
“He started rubbing the top of my leg, but I said, ‘Stop, just keep your hands to yourself.
“He just kept laughing and saying, ‘don’t you feel anything?’”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
The victim said she tried to make conversation to distract him, and at one stage he asked if she ever felt depressed.
“I said ‘I have down times’ and he said, ‘Sex is good for depression’,” she added.
When they got near to her home he lent over and began rubbing between her legs, saying: “I better stop before I go any higher.
“Please kiss me, just see if you feel anything, just kiss me.”
She later received a text from him with a link to an article entitled ‘Semen is ‘good for women’s health and helps fight depression’.
District judge Gary Lucie said: “[To court] I expect to see some remorse and empathy towards the girl when you come back.”
He will be sentenced at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Friday, November 27.