Barking pair arrested for assaulting police and carrying knives
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested for assaulting police officers in Barking this afternoon, after fighting broke out between a group armed with knives.
Police were called to the junction of Dereham Road and Woodbridge Road at 3.25pm and tried to arrest members of the group, but two officers – one male and one female – were assaulted in the process.
They received minor injuries and did not require hospital treatment.
Two males were arrested for assault on police, affray and possession of an offensive weapon and remain in custody at an east London police station.
Enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Richards, 79, of Wilmington Gardens, was prevented from driving down Woodbridge Road by the amount of police vehicles.
“There were police all over the place,” he said. “Someone told me that some youths had turned up with knives.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
“I could see the police officers were searching in rubbish skips and bins for something.
“I would have said there were between a dozen and 15 police vehicles out there.”
Did you see what happened? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824.