Barking pair arrested for assaulting police and carrying knives
- Credit: Archant
Two men were arrested for assaulting police officers in Barking this afternoon, after fighting broke out between a group armed with knives.
Police were called to the junction of Dereham Road and Woodbridge Road at 3.25pm and tried to arrest members of the group, but two officers – one male and one female – were assaulted in the process.
They received minor injuries and did not require hospital treatment.
Two males were arrested for assault on police, affray and possession of an offensive weapon and remain in custody at an east London police station.
Enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Richards, 79, of Wilmington Gardens, was prevented from driving down Woodbridge Road by the amount of police vehicles.
“There were police all over the place,” he said. “Someone told me that some youths had turned up with knives.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
“I could see the police officers were searching in rubbish skips and bins for something.
“I would have said there were between a dozen and 15 police vehicles out there.”
Did you see what happened? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824.