Barking pair due in court charged with minicab controller’s murder
- Credit: Archant
A man and woman from Barking are set to appear in court this morning charged with murdering a minicab controller in Stratford.
Nargis Riaz, 21, and 23-year-old Gulam Choudhury are charged with murdering Mohammed Yasser Afzal on March 24.
They are set to appear for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey today.
Riaz, of Fanshawe Avenue, denied the charge at a hearing on September 15 while Choudhury, of Heenan Close, is yet to enter a plea.
Mr Afzal, 22, was working at E20 Cars in Stratford Broadway when he was stabbed in the neck.
He died in hospital later that evening.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 3 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 4 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 10 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London