Barking pair due in court charged with minicab controller’s murder
- Credit: Archant
A man and woman from Barking are set to appear in court this morning charged with murdering a minicab controller in Stratford.
Nargis Riaz, 21, and 23-year-old Gulam Choudhury are charged with murdering Mohammed Yasser Afzal on March 24.
They are set to appear for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey today.
Riaz, of Fanshawe Avenue, denied the charge at a hearing on September 15 while Choudhury, of Heenan Close, is yet to enter a plea.
Mr Afzal, 22, was working at E20 Cars in Stratford Broadway when he was stabbed in the neck.
You may also want to watch:
He died in hospital later that evening.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters