Barking police worker jailed for oral sex with woman in custody
A shamed police worker who persuaded a woman to perform oral sex on him while she was being held in custody has been jailed for two years.
Kyle Adams, of Barking, pleaded guilty to misconduct in a public office after engaging in sexual activity with a woman while she was being held at Bethnal Green Police Station last year.
The 24-year-old, of Harts Lane, was working as a dedicated detention officer at the station when the offence took place in October last year.
Metropolitan police chiefs were made aware of the incident when the woman reported Adams’ conduct to the custody sergeant while she was still being detained at the station.
Police watchdog the Directorate of Professional Standards was informed, and Adams was arrested later on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
He was suspended from his role on October 5, and resigned from his role in disgrace after being charged in April.
At a hearing at Southwark Crown Court on Monday, Adams was sentenced to one year behind bars and the second half of his sentence on licence in the community.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars