Barking police worker jailed for oral sex with woman in custody
A shamed police worker who persuaded a woman to perform oral sex on him while she was being held in custody has been jailed for two years.
Kyle Adams, of Barking, pleaded guilty to misconduct in a public office after engaging in sexual activity with a woman while she was being held at Bethnal Green Police Station last year.
The 24-year-old, of Harts Lane, was working as a dedicated detention officer at the station when the offence took place in October last year.
Metropolitan police chiefs were made aware of the incident when the woman reported Adams’ conduct to the custody sergeant while she was still being detained at the station.
Police watchdog the Directorate of Professional Standards was informed, and Adams was arrested later on the same day.
You may also want to watch:
He was suspended from his role on October 5, and resigned from his role in disgrace after being charged in April.
At a hearing at Southwark Crown Court on Monday, Adams was sentenced to one year behind bars and the second half of his sentence on licence in the community.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault