Barking’s Deuce Lounge fined for illegal waste disposal
- Credit: Sophie Morton
Management at Barking’s Deuce Lounge have been fined for breaching environmental regulations.
Deuce Management Ltd, who own the bar in London Road, were ordered to pay £1,050 in fines and costs for failing to store and dispose of waste correctly.
The defendants did not attend the case at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on August 18, but were fined £550 and ordered to pay £450 in costs and a £50 victim surcharge in their absence.
Council officers had found multiple bags of rubbish outside the back of the bar in March. They included overflowing waste bins, bin bags on the ground, and rubbish dumped in domestic waste bins meant for residents.
Cllr Laila Butt, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We all want Barking and Dagenham to be a pleasant and clean place to live, so illegally depositing waste simply can’t be tolerated.”
You may also want to watch:
Deuce Management did not respond to requests for comment.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood