Barking’s Deuce Lounge fined for illegal waste disposal
- Credit: Sophie Morton
Management at Barking’s Deuce Lounge have been fined for breaching environmental regulations.
Deuce Management Ltd, who own the bar in London Road, were ordered to pay £1,050 in fines and costs for failing to store and dispose of waste correctly.
The defendants did not attend the case at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on August 18, but were fined £550 and ordered to pay £450 in costs and a £50 victim surcharge in their absence.
Council officers had found multiple bags of rubbish outside the back of the bar in March. They included overflowing waste bins, bin bags on the ground, and rubbish dumped in domestic waste bins meant for residents.
Cllr Laila Butt, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We all want Barking and Dagenham to be a pleasant and clean place to live, so illegally depositing waste simply can’t be tolerated.”
You may also want to watch:
Deuce Management did not respond to requests for comment.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds