Barking stabbing: Two charged with murdering 16-year-old Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Two men have been charged with murdering Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, and Ayrton Ambrose from Glengall Road, Southwark, were charged with the murdering the 16-year-old.
The men, both aged 19, are also charged with two counts of attempted murder of another 16-year-old male youth and a 20-year-old man.
They will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court later today.
An 18-year-old man has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in September.
You may also want to watch:
Joshua, who lived in Shipwright Court, Abbey Road, was found with fatal stab wounds in Movers Lane, Barking, at 1am on August 2.
Paramedics attending the scene pronounced him dead on arrival.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
He had just finished his GCSEs and was due to start a business course at college.
A talented footballer, Joshua played for Barking FC’s youth team. A memorial game in his honour between the club’s youth squads is scheduled for 1pm on Sunday, August 20.