Barking stabbing: Two charged with murdering 16-year-old Joshua Bwalya
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Two men have been charged with murdering Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, and Ayrton Ambrose from Glengall Road, Southwark, were charged with the murdering the 16-year-old.
The men, both aged 19, are also charged with two counts of attempted murder of another 16-year-old male youth and a 20-year-old man.
They will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court later today.
An 18-year-old man has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in September.
You may also want to watch:
Joshua, who lived in Shipwright Court, Abbey Road, was found with fatal stab wounds in Movers Lane, Barking, at 1am on August 2.
Paramedics attending the scene pronounced him dead on arrival.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 6 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 10 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
He had just finished his GCSEs and was due to start a business course at college.
A talented footballer, Joshua played for Barking FC’s youth team. A memorial game in his honour between the club’s youth squads is scheduled for 1pm on Sunday, August 20.